Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Isn't that brand for teenagers?

Formula 10.0.6

Is it for more than only teenagers?



Perusing the aisles in Ulta, I was on the lookout for some new face masks to help target my angry, hormonal, skin breakouts. There, hidden in the corner of the skincare section, these brightly colored tubes of whatever they were, caught my eye. Little did I know that I was about to find one of my go-to product lines within my skincare arsenal.



What I stumbled on was a product line from Formula 10.0.6. When looking at the products, it seems as if the line is geared more towards the younger crows, teens to early 20’s, not someone like me who is in their early 30’s. But I figured, “Hey, for the price it is worth a shot!” ($6.99 at Ulta)


Then I got to thinking,  “Formula 10.0.6 sounds super familiar, almost like I have used this before.” Sure enough, I was right. Formula 10.0.6 used to be known as Ten-O-Six. Remember the astringent that was in everyone’s bathrooms in the 90’s? Yup, this is the same brand from all those years ago!

The Products

For my first purchase, I picked up what would become my absolute favorite of their mask products, Deep Down Detox. The Deep Down Detox is an ultra cleansing mud mask that contains orange, sea salt and bergamot to brighten, cleanse and balance the skin. When you apply the product the first thing that hits you is the scent. The mask has a faint orange smell, no chemical smell like most detoxifying face masks have. What hits you next is the texture of the mask, so smooth that you feel like you are applying a moisturizer to your face rather than a mud mask.  After letting the mask dry completely, about 10-15 minutes, the mask washes clean from the face with no need to scrub or grab a washcloth for removal. Using this product the first time, I kept thinking to myself “This can not be real. No face mask can ever apply like this, there is no way this is going to do anything to help my skin.” Well, those thoughts were my famous last words. After washing the mask off, my skin was noticeably brighter. It was not brighter like, light bulb brighter, but there was a glow to it that I hadn't seen in some time.  Okay, color me impressed, but was it going to actually help my skin? Long story short, yes, the mask has helped my skin tremendously.

I was so impressed after using Deep Down Detox for around two weeks, I headed back to Ulta and picked up Keep Your Cool gel mask. The Keep Your Cool gel mask contains coconut and cucumber to soothe and calm the appearance of breakouts. Let me tell you, my breakouts were NASTY, angry little things, and somehow this face mask worked its magic, calming my skin. The feel of this mask is silky smooth, with a light scent of coconut and cucumbers. Using this mask truly feels like you are at a spa getting the most pampering facial. What surprised me most about this mask is that it contains color corrective pigments to help mask the redness caused by blemishes. Not only was this mask actually doing something for my skin, but it was also helping to immediately promote a healthy look to the skin.


Both the clarifying mud mask and calming gel mask had me convinced that I needed to have the full line of face masks in my arsenal. So, naturally, I went back to Ulta and bought some more! I picked up four more masks, two mud masks and two peel off masks, and was pleasantly surprised at the good job they all did. Pores Be Pure is a clarifying mud mask that contains strawberry, rosemary and yarrow that not only helps to clear the skin, but to eliminate blocked pores. Get Your Glow On is a peel off mask that contains papaya and citrus to resurface and brighten skin. Be Berry Fresh is a mud mask that contains bilberry and neroli to detoxify, soothe and balance the skin. Be Berry Clear is a peel off mask that contains raspberry and acai to smooth skin, minimize pores and calm breakouts. All of these masks perform as well as their more expensive counterparts. There are times that I even prefer these masks over the other face masks in my collection. I can wholeheartedly say that I have not been disappointed in any of these face masks.


Recently, Formula 10.0.6 has come out with a new sheet mask, called Soak Your Face. This sheet mask contains hyaluronic acid and a mineral water complex, which is said to be an intensive hydrating treatment for the face. While I have not had the opportunity to try this mask yet, if it performs like the other mask products from the brand, it is sure to not disappoint.

Clearly, if you couldn’t tell yet, I highly recommend any of the Formula 10.0.6 mask products for your problem skin concerns. The price point is affordable, the amount of product is generous and the efficacy of the products is outstanding. If you know someone suffering from breakouts, do not overlook Formula 10.0.6. Trust me, you won't regret it.


(Side note - Yes, I have used other products from the brand! Keep Me Clean and Wipe Your Face Off facial wipes are on par with other face wipes in their category. They work decently and smell fantastic! Give those a try too, you may find you like those as well.)

XOXO
Gaby

 


 

Do you enjoy Hot Mess Mayhem? Follow us on our Social Media Pages and see what else we are up to! FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER 

Visit Gaby's YOUTUBE Channel for great tutorials and a little silliness!

Have suggestions on products we should review? Email us here!
If you are a company or brand owner and wish to collaborate, please send us an EMAIL HERE.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment