Monday, December 11, 2017

Eyelashes need love too...

Dolled Up Lash Magnet Volumizing Lash Serum

 


 

Lately, I have been enjoying testing out new products, from new brands (at least to me!) and seeing how they perform. A few weeks back I stumbled across the Volumizing Lash Serum from the brand Dolled Up and was intrigued. Would this brand, completely unknown to me, be able to perform like brand name products I have used in the past? I was about to find out.




Product 'deets

(Do all the cool kids still say 'deets? Is that a thing still?)



Packaged inside a bright pink, retro looking themed box, was a cruelty and paraben free lash serum that is made in the USA. The packaging boasts “For ‘out to there’ lashes with silky shine, fortifies & conditions, strengthens lashes. Dolled Up mixes vintage charm with today’s best formulations to give a girl everything she wants & needs.” The formula includes a peptide blend and biotin to help the lash line appear thicker and promote a healthy texture of the lashes. The product packaging mimics the retro vibe of the outer display box, pink, girly and minimalist. The serum itself was clear, with a good consistency and no discernible smell. Directions are very simple and straightforward, apply a thin line of product onto upper and lower lash line morning and night.

What is it like to use?

The volumizing lash serum is easy to apply, with one of the best brush tip’s I have used in a LONG time. (Hello liquid eyeliner manufacturers, Take note of this products brush and replicate it in every liquid liner in the world. Okay? Thank so much.) The formula is not runny, it is liquid enough to apply but not too gel-like, make sense?! It does take a minute or two to absorb, so hooded eye girls be careful to not open your eyes fully before it starts to absorb/dry down. There may be a slight tingling sensation when you apply the product, but it is not uncomfortable or painful in any way.


Final Verdict


At first I was skeptical, who wouldn’t be when a product cost $5.99 and boats some hefty claims. After using this for the last month, I can tell you with a straight face, I need more of this product in my life. When I started using this product, I was suffering (here I go, being dramatic AGAIN) from broken and sparse eyelashes caused by some not so good eyelash glue I had tried out. I always had fairly long and full eyelashes, so what that eyelash glue did to me was noticeable! This product popped up at the right time. The first week of use, there was no difference in my lashes at all. Second week of use, I noticed that my eyelashes looked different, a good different. Third week of use, my eyelashes were growing back in strong and full. Now on my fourth week of use, my eyelashes are even better than they were before my eyelash glue mishap.

The Dolled Up Lash Magnet Volumizing Lash Serum is something that you need to pick up if you are looking for an affordable, quality eyelash product. Is this an extra step in your skincare/makeup routine? Yes absolutely. Is this extra step worth it? Without a doubt, yes.
Dolled Up really has me excited about their brand based off of this one product. If the eyelash serum works as well as this, I can only imagine, and hope, how well their other product offerings will perform. When the day comes, and you see this lash serum on the shelf, pick it up and buy it for yourself, you won't be disappointed.

Disclaimer (UGH don't you hate disclaimers...)
Now, there is one caveat to this brand, they are completely non-existent online! The company website say's that the brand is coming soon (but didn't I purchase you in Marshall's? The product was available there) and the company email is non-responsive. Trying to find the brand on social media has become akin to finding Voldemort's' horcrux's (yes, that is a Harry Potter reference in case you were wondering.) Come on Dolled Up, let us have at those products, give us the information we want to know!

XOXO

Have you checked out our post on...Jeffree Star Androgyny

 

Do you enjoy Hot Mess Mayhem? Follow us on our Social Media Pages and see what else we are up to! FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER 

Visit Gaby's YOUTUBE Channel for great tutorials and a little silliness!

Have suggestions on products we should review? Email us here!
If you are a company or brand owner and wish to collaborate, please send us an EMAIL HERE.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment