Monday, December 4, 2017

Toothpaste as part of a beauty routine? Are you CRAZY?!

My Magic Mud

Brush like a boss!

 



 You do your makeup, finishing off your look with the perfect, luscious lip color. You feel like you can slay the day, then you look in the mirror, smile and GASP there they are, yellow teeth. They are staring at you in the mirror, taunting you, laughing at all the cups of coffee and red wine you have been enjoying. How dare they, those vile, evil teeth?!


That was a bit dramatic, wasn’t it? But we have all been there at one point or another. You take a look in the mirror and you see that your teeth are not looking as pearly white as you would like. There are countless products out there claiming to whiten your teeth and help improve the health of your teeth and gums simultaneously. The amount of choices out there is enough to make someone’s head spin!

Most of the time, during my mindless wanders through the beauty section of Marshall's or TJ Maxx, I will stumble across a product that seem’s like it could work well. In that beauty section of Marshall’s is where I found My Magic Mud, a whitening toothpaste, which typically retails for $9.99 but I managed to snag it at $7.99. I had been looking for a new, affordable toothpaste that would help whiten my teeth without all the extra chemicals that typically make up those type of products. This toothpaste seemed to appear out of thin air, onto the shelf, right in front of my eyes, and screamed “BUY ME!” So, I did.

Product 'deets (Seriously, do people still say this?!)

My Magic Mud (My Magic Mud website) is an activated charcoal, coconut oil and bentonite clay based toothpaste. The toothpaste contains no foaming agents, no fluoride, no glycerin, no triclosan and no toxic chemicals. The product is also gluten free, non GMO, cruelty free and vegan. Wow that was a mouthful, huh? (Get it? Toothpaste, mouthful...yup, corny joke.) The ingredient list on the product is a) readable b) diminutive comparable to most brand name products and c) mostly all certified organic ingredients. The ingredients include: water, diatomaceous earth, bentonite clay,  coconut oil, activated coconut shell charcoal, peppermint oil, citric acid (preservative,) grapefruit seed extract, sweet orange oil, potassium sorbate (preservative,) rosemary oil, stevia, tea tree oil and vanilla extract. That is it, those are all of the ingredients in the toothpaste. Seriously, that is it.

Product experience

Using this product for the first time was a bit of an experience. When you see the product for the first time, the color really surprises you. When you see that there is charcoal listed as a product ingredient, you would naturally assume it would be a bit on the dark side. This toothpaste is as black as the night. It is quite surprising to be honest.

Once you get over the shock of seeing the color of the toothpaste and start using it, the next thing that you notice is the taste. This is not your run of the mill major brand toothpaste, there is no super minty freshness here (or as my kids would say “spicy toothpaste taste.”) The taste is a light peppermint taste (yes, I picked up the peppermint version of the product,) with a noticeable taste of tea tree oil. Now, this taste may not be for everyone, but I do enjoy it, there is something different and “natural” tasting about it.

You start brushing your teeth with the toothpaste and you notice that it is not bubbling up like ordinary toothpastes. Well, that is because there are no foaming agents within the product! It is a strange sensation to get past when you are so accustomed to your toothpaste foaming during use. The My Magic Mud toothpaste, for lack of a better term, basically dissolves in your mouth as you use it. So, word of caution, when you spit the toothpaste out it will be super thin and splash all over your sink. Be careful with that or you will have tiny black spots all over your shirt and all around the sink basin! (Yes, ok, I may have splashed it all over myself, my sink and bathroom vanity. In my defense the kids were distracting me!)

Final Thoughts

I have been using this toothpaste as part of my daily “get ready”/skincare/primping routine for around 3 weeks now and I am impressed with it. I do notice my teeth are starting to appear brighter, whiter and healthier. Never before have I used a whitening toothpaste (that actually works) as a part of my beauty routine, but this one has defied the odds and my expectations! I am surprised that this gem was sitting on a shelf in Marshall’s, randomly hiding behind the strangely scented hand soaps.

If you come across the My Magic Mud whitening toothpaste, pick it up and give it a try for yourself. It is different than what you are used to, but it will pleasantly surprise you.

(The best part about using this toothpaste as part of my beauty routine, my kids get such a kick out of watching me use this. They call me the “Nightmare Mommy” because the color of the toothpaste turns your teeth black during use. Naturally, they call me that and I chase after them with my dissolving black toothpaste mouth, growling down the hallway...who wouldn’t?!)


XOXO
Gaby


Have you checked out our post on.... Holli's favorite YouTuber and Makeup Revolution Products

 

 

Do you enjoy Hot Mess Mayhem? Follow us on our Social Media Pages and see what else we are up to! FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER 

Visit Gaby's YOUTUBE Channel for great tutorials and a little silliness!

Have suggestions on products we should review? Email us here!
If you are a company or brand owner and wish to collaborate, please send us an EMAIL HERE.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment