Monday, January 29, 2018

Soap and Glory skincare - Worth checking it out or should you pass?

Face Soap and Clarity

3-in-1 Daily Vitamin C Facial Wash

 


 

It should come as no surprise that this is another skincare post. I have been on the hunt for my perfect skincare products for quite some time now. My dry, acneic, early signs of aging skin have been betraying me for the last year and I am SO tired of having to use more concealer than foundation most days! And the makeup settling into fine lines - UGH #firstworldproblems. Naturally, my first line of defense to combat these skin issues is a good face wash. As luck would have it, my answer was an impulse purchase at Ulta. 


Early on in the 2017 holiday season, there was a buy one get one 50% off sale on all Soap and Glory products at Ulta. I had remembered in the back of my mind hearing that their skincare products were decent, so I decided to give it a try. My prior skincare routine was getting to be too harsh on my skin and was not doing anything for it. I picked up four different products, one of them being Face Soap and Clarity 3-in-1 daily Vitamin C facial wash. The claims on the product intrigued me. From the Soap and Glory website:

"FACE SOAP AND CLARITY™ 3-in-1 Daily Detox Vitamin C Facial Wash smoothes and purifies for super clean, fresh and bright skin. With complexion-friendly, non-drying, easy-rinse ingredients including natural SUPERFRUIT™ YUZU and ULTRA-SOFT SCRUB-BEADS, this high-tech foaming facial wash is a multitasking miracle."



Smooth's? Purifies? Super clean, fresh and bright skin? Complexion-friendly, non-drying, easy rinse? Superfruit and ultra-soft scrub beads? You had me at hello!


Now, time for an obnoxiously large picture. But, the picture is important, read what the bottle says!


HALLELUJAH! A company that flat out address their ingredients on the label, front and center for all to see! I am a chemistry stickler, by nature and education, it is what I do. So, to have a company address this in such a way, it impressed me. (And going through the ingredients, they really are honest about this...when does that EVER happen?!)

You are probably wondering by now, "what about the product? Stop telling us about it and get on with it!" Right. 

Smell - pleasant, slightly citrusy, in no way overwhelming.

Texture - smooth, gel consistency with soft beads to allow for gentle exfoliation, nice foaming action (not too much, not too little) and rinses off easily.

Packaging - visual appeal is fun and exciting, packing is solid and doesn't feel like an after thought, but the only downside I can see to it is the cap. This is not a pump-style top, it is a "squeeze it to get the product out" cap. This type of cap leads to the possibility of dispensing too much face wash at one time if you squeeze hard enough. 

Does this smooth, purify, brighten and clean the skin? Does it save the day, and the girl, all while wearing a cape, flying through the air? Ok, maybe the last question was a bit much, but this face wash WORKS! I have been using this product at night, once a day for almost two months and notice a complete change in my skin. While I do still have my breakouts and blackheads that never seem to go away, the breakouts are smaller in size, duration and frequency. My skin feels healthier, smoother, brighter and healthier. I also noticed that the marks my breakouts leave after they slither back into the depths of hell they come from (what, is that too dramatic for you?!) are not as pigmented as they would normally be. 

If you ever walk past the Soap and Glory display at your local Ulta, Target or Walgreens, do not hesitate to stop and check out their offerings! Their face products are quickly becoming a favorite of mine, for good reason. While the price point is slightly higher than the run of the mill drugstore products, it is still much, MUCH, more affordable than the premier skincare brands out there. 

Check out the product on the Soap and Glory website for yourself. 

XOXO
Gaby

 

 

 Have you checked out our post on...Anastasia Beverly Hills Prism Palette - swatches

 

Do you enjoy Hot Mess Mayhem? Follow us on our Social Media Pages and see what else we are up to! FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER 

Visit Gaby's YOUTUBE Channel for great tutorials and a little silliness!
at Ulta
Have suggestions on products we should review? Email us here!
If you are a company or brand owner and wish to collaborate, please send us an EMAIL HERE.


3 comments:

  1. I need to try this brand! I always pass it up in target!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesssss this looks so good! I LOVE Soap and Glorry so I need to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo a Vitamin C Facial Wash?! I am so into this & love that sticker disclaimer. I wanna try it!

    Shirin | www.queenshirin.com

    ReplyDelete