Ok, truth bomb - I am a sucker for a good skincare product. Ok, I am a sucker for anything beauty related. Lately, I have really been into using and finding a really good face mask to help target specific, immediate, skin concerns. The Tony Moly sheet mask line was something that I had wondered about, but never tried before. So, I bit the proverbial bullet and picked up a bunch.
From the Tony Moly website:
Replenish your skin with our I'm Real Sheet Mask Collection! Available in sets of 2 in an array of ingredients, the 3-layer pulp sheet is filled with natural ingredients and soaked in different types of enriched essence (Water-type, Micro-Emulsion Type, Milky Lotion Type) to yield maximum hydration for your skin. Transform dull and tired skin into healthy, moisturized skin in as little as 20 minutes.
WHAT MAKES IT GOOD?
This fun and functional sheet mask collection features different ingredients all targeting different skin concerns.
- Lemon: Packed with Vitamin C, brightens and evens skin.
- Orange: Vitamin C and Orange extract refreshes and revitalizes skin.
- Pomegranate: Pomegranate Extract provides hydration while promoting elasticity for skin.
- Aloe: Aloe extract & water based essence provides maximum hydration for skin.
- Tea Tree: A powerful anti-inflammatory agent, Tea Tree Extract protects skin from harmful environmental factors and soothes fatigued skin. Additionally enriched with lemon, rosemary, thyme and jasmine extracts to balance skin.
- Tomato: Vitamin E and Tomato Extract removes dirt and revitalizes skin.
- Red Wine: Red Wine Extract reduces appearance of enlarged pores while tightening and purifying skin.
- Seaweed: Seaweed Extract with micro emulsion-based essence purifies and hydrates skin.
- Broccoli: Antioxidant rich Broccoli Extract provides vitalizing energy to tired skin.
- Avocado: Avocado Extract with micro emulsion-based essence nourishes skin and revitalizes complexion.
- Rice: Infused with Rice Extracts and natural oils to provide elasticity and brightening effects to skin.
- Makgeoli (Korean Rice Wine): Mineral Oils and fermented Rice Wine Extract refines skin to a more translucent and smooth complexion.
- Pearl: Infused with Pearl Extracts to provide clarity and glow to skin.
- Pumpkin: 1000 ppm of pumpkin extract makes skin feel soft and supple while also promoting skin elasticity for a more youthful complexion.
Paraben, benzophenone, triethanolamine, talc. and color additives
HOW TO USE?
- Apply mask on clean and towel dried face.
- Keep mask on face for 20-30 minutes.
- When time is up, remove mask and gently pat excess essence onto face and neck until fully absorbed.
TIP: For an extra cooling and soothing effect, store your masks in the refrigerator.
The Tony Moly sheet masks are packaged nicely, with vibrant colors and cute graphics. After opening the foil package, the first thing that hits you is the smell - pleasant, fresh and fruity. The orange mask, which I used, smells like the most amazing fresh squeezed orange juice! The rayon mask is saturated is essence and there is a large amount left over in the foil as well. The mask itself is very thin, and due to how saturated the mask is, I ripped the mask when trying to unfold it! The mask is cooling on application. The application was a bit of a struggle. Besides ripping the mask, the mask itself is on the smaller side of sheet masks. The eye holes for the mask are very small, the bridge of the nose portion is very narrow and the hole for the lip is strangely large compared to how small the other openings are. The sheet mask barely fits my face, which is disappointing. It took an extra amount of effort and time to position the mask so the mask was not covering my eyes! The edges kept lifting and the mask slid all around during wear time (20-30 minutes.) The essence is cooling, and did do exactly what it claimed it would. The mask helped to revive my tired looking skin and gave it a bit of an extra glow.
Despite the size of the mask, I may or may not repurchase these if they are on sale in the future. I do not foresee these masks taking a permanent position in my skin care arsenal, because of the fit and wear issues, but it is a decent and pleasant mask to use for a quick pick me up. Looking forward to seeing how the essence in the other masks work on the skin.