Wednesday, November 1, 2017

ELF Hydrating Bubble Mask

The ELF Hydrating Bubble mask has been a face mask that I have been hearing a lot of mixed reviews on lately. So, of course, when I found this in my local Marshall’s for the price of $5.99, compared to the $11.99 in my local Walmart, I snatched it up to see for myself.


IMG_1295 (2).JPG




ELF claims:
“This hydrating and nourishing gel transforms into a bubble mask on the face. Watch as bubbles fizz and foam to remove excess dirt and cleanse pores for glowing, healthy looking skin.”


First glance at this product, the packaging is nice, lightweight, and the pump dispenser top makes for an easy and neat way to get your product fresh every time. Application was a breeze. I used the ELF pore refining brush and mask tool (which is a favorite tool of mine to apply facial masks), to apply to gel to my dampened face which helped spread the product around with minimal waste. Then, the bubbles started to appear and the 5-10 minute wait began.
Let’s be honest, we are all friends here, so, honesty is key...the first time I used this mask, it felt like there were hundreds of tiny bugs crawling all over my skin. UGH it was not a comfy feeling. After running to the bathroom to wash this mask off, my initial thought was “WHAT did I just put on my face?!” After the fact, I realized I should probably give this mask a second chance before throwing it into the back of my skincare drawer.
On the second try, the mask felt much more comfortable than the first try. Maybe the foaming sensation was too much the first time around, but this time it was not nearly as tingly/itchy/creepy crawly feeling than it initially was. After getting through the 5-10 minutes of wearing the mask, I washed it off in circular motions and pat my face dry.  
Did my face feel cleaner after use? Eh. Did my skin feel hydrated after use? I guess. Let’s put it this way, I am not mad at this bubble mask in any way, but this is the type of product that I feel safe to use with my 7 and 5 year old daughters for Mommy Daughter mask night. It doesn't deep clean pores, it does not deeply hydrate the skin, my skin did not appear healthy or glowing in any way after using this mask. My wallet did feel a lot better not having spent the full price on this product though!

XOXO




No comments:

Post a Comment